Friday 10 January 2014

The Landmark Collection

I thought I'd write a little blog post about the Landmark collection which has kind of become my signature work of late. The Landmark pieces started out due to my obsession with Art Deco and fondness for the old railway travel posters. I remembered seeing a poster for near enough every seaside location in the country as well as other tourist attractions. However of all the posters I'd seen I don't remember ever seeing one for Grimsby! Cleethorpes, Skegness, Mablethorpe yes but not Grimsby. Now I'm sure a lot of you don't think of Grimsby when you think iconic seaside towns which is fair enough, but it does however have an incredibly iconic and important architectural feature in the form of the dock tower. So that is how it all started.


Once the dock tower had been completed I decided to start branching out to other Lincolnshire towns. I didn't want to just recreate the old travel posters though so chose to do particular landmarks from the towns, making a bolder image than just pretty beaches etc. With this in mind I chose the first towns based on places significant to my wife and myself. 


I have since expanded to other locations and am constantly working on new ones including commission pieces and other interesting places too. So keep an eye on the blog and new ones will be posted as soon as they are done. Also if you are looking for something in particular please feel free to drop an email to clumsypickle@hotmail.co.uk and we can sort something out.

Speak to you all soon

Mike

Clumsy Pickle

1 comment: